General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) – Privacy Notice
Members should be aware that the law has changed in relation to personal data collected or held by organisations and how this data is used or processed under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies from 25th May 2018.
The main concepts and principles are much the same as those under the current Data Protections Act. Swanage Bowls Club currently holds personal information as to the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers and other data of members as provided by the completion of new and renewal of membership applications and these are recorded and stored for administration use only and are not shared with any other persons or organisations. Email addresses and Telephone numbers are published within the Club only for those members who may need to contact a Club member. The names of all members who play in club matches are submitted to BOWLS DORSET, DORSET WOMEN’S BOWLING LEAGUE & BOWLS ENGLAND at the start of the season.
This Club has reviewed how we seek, record and manage consent under the new regulations and consider we have the correct procedures in place. However should any member seek to object, delete or rectify information already provided or restrict processing in the future then they should notify the Club Secretary.
Web site Terms and Conditions
We are obliged to provide this information to comply with The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. As amended.
The terms ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Swanage Bowling Club, the owner of the website, of Beach Gardens, Swanage, Dorset BH19 1PG. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation, or endorse the views expressed within them.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
Browser Settings / How to change your preferences
Cookies are saved to your browser, so to turn off any cookie you will have to do so for every browser you use. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Please note that with cookies turned off, a lot of web sites will simply not work properly.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/privacy.html.
This website and its content is © copyright Swanage Bowling Club. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.